Friday, December 03, 2004

The Start of Christmas

Today marks the official start of Christmas 2004 here in York, in my head at least. It's the first work Christmas dinner this evening. The next one is next week and the third one is the week after. Oh, and I guess there's actual Christmas the week after that too.

We're going in DJs tonight so I'm hoping that I can still remember how to tie a bow tie. I got pretty good a couple of years ago by doing lots of practice, but have only had cause to wear one intermittently since, so it could go either way.

The other sign that Christmas has started is the tinsel around my monitor. So far, as far as I have seen, nobody else in the whole building has put any up yet. I'm intending to get some more (along with a cheap advent calendar) but haven't had chance to go shopping at lunchtime for a few days, so that might have to wait until the weekend. I always miss the sparkly bits when they are taken down in January, even if they do tend to get in the way and stop you being able to see the corners of the monitor properly. Maybe I should just put the stuff up more carefully.

2 comments:

Lint said...

And I got my first Christmas card today too.

Jimbobjo said...

Someone in YH also has tinsel. YH rocks!