Wednesday, December 01, 2004

New Dalek Design

I've just seen a photo of the new Daleks. Not quite as exciting as I'd thought it would be, since they basically look the same as the old ones. But with more gold paint.

Although it hasn't had me awake at night, I was kind of hoping for them to look a bit sleeker and nastier. Rather than like a pepperpot with sticks on. I wonder if they will still have actual men inside making them work (by which I mean actors rather than the brain-type thing that would be inside a real Dalek)?

If I was looking at a CV and one of the applicant's previous jobs was "Dalek Driver", I think that person would get the job straight away. Especially if they still had the Dalek and could bring it into work for me to ride around the office in.

Apparently the TV Daleks can fly now too.

3 comments:

Chip said...

They could fly in the 30th anniversary story that I always get the name wrong for - Remembrance of?

Jimbobjo said...

I wouldn't say that they could "fly" as such in the 30th anniversary series. They could certainly hover up stairs. I doubt that the new Daleks will do anymore than that.

Lint said...

Agreed - it was definitely hovering rather than flying in Remembrance.

I'm expecting much higher altitudes this time. And hopefully speed too.