Saturday, December 04, 2004

No clubbing for me

This post started out quite differently. As I'd mentioned earlier, I'd fancied going out clubbing this evening. However, out of the baker's dozen of us out tonight, it turned out that it was only me that was up for it. Pathetic. So this was going to be a person by person insult post. One insult per person, strictly alphabetical order.

Unfortunately, my browser crashed partway through me recollecting the relevant names. So I've had to start again. And I've taken it as a sign that I should change the contents of what I write.

So it's going to end up a bit emo. Sorry, please feel free to skip ahead to the next post. It's almost certainly more fun.

Despite having many good friends, especially the ones I'd been planning to insult, I still have that feeling that there's someone missing. Actually, it's more than that. There is someone missing. I just don't (maybe) know her yet. It's the person that you can come home to each night and talk shit to. The person that will complain at you for being out late and then coming home and talking shit.

And more importantly, the person that, since they exist, you will happily not go out in the first place as you'd rather stay in with them.

But it's no use me sitting here moaning about things, as the best way to meet new people is to actively go out and meet people. Where by "people" I mean "foxy young ladies". Which means getting out and about wherever possible.

Now, to be fair, Ziggy's ain't a good place to meet people. But it's a better place than my flat where I am now.

It's depressing to arrive home and have nothing better to do than cry yourself to sleep since an evening hasn't gone as well as hoped *.

As a (slightly related aside), I semi-seriously considered joining an internet dating agency earlier this week. Anyone got any good/bad experiences of such that they wanna share?

* exaggeration potentially here.

6 comments:

Jimbobjo said...

I know people who have done this. I'll tell you about it in the pub.

Tsuki said...

Point 1: If you wish for people to go clubbing, prior warning is necessary in order for correct footwear and moods to be in place at the time of clubbing.

Point 2: Clubbing is not fun if you've just stuffed yourself on Thai food, and you'd smell.

Point 3: Ziggy's may not be a hotbed of talent, but even in a room full of mingers, there may be one jewel. You've got to risk it to find out. I'd also recommend trying out other shoddy venues in and around the city ie Ikon/Diva.

Lint said...

Agreed, since it's unlikely she'd be in there. Unless she's having the same thoughts as me, in which case she might be a kind of girl-me which would be scary.

But there's definitely no chance of meeting someone in the flat, and in any case I fancied another drink.

Jimbobjo said...

I suggest that less drinking would be better for you than more drinking. Go speed dating tomorrow night.

Leon said...

Sorry I didn't come clubbing, but coming in late and talking shit isn't permitted. You will discover this.

Bertworld said...

I wouldnt have minded another drink, but not clubbing. Getting too used to Scottish opening hours.

as I am sure I've said before here would recommend
- moving
- take up a hobby / night class. ( they reckon drama is good!)
- try speed dating for a laugh, don't take it seriously
- ignore all advice given by me as I am far too underqualified!

one of my motivations for moving was that I was not meeting many new people and it was annoying me going for food on a friday at 730 say until 10ish then everyone disappearing.