Tuesday, December 28, 2004

12 Challenges for 2005

It's easy to get to the end of the year and think... What have I really achieved this year? 2004 has felt like something of a holding year - just marking time. It's not been a bad year, but it's not been lifechanging. I'll make a list soon of my x best achievements of the year. But I'll post it in 2005 since the year is not yet over.

At the end of 2005, I won't be saying that. Because it's time for Challenges! Here are my twelve challenges for the year (in no particular order):

12 challenges for 2005:

1. LIGHT: Buy lightshades for the flat.
2. BED: Obtain a second bed and make the second bedroom into an actual bedroom.
3. DATE: Go on a date with a real girl.
4. COUNTRY: Visit at least one new country.
5. PROMOTE: Get a promotion at work.
6. SKILL: Learn a new skill.
7. RADIO: Have my name read out on UK National Radio.
8. PUB: Have a drink in every pub within the city walls. With photographic Evidence.
9. COOK: Cook a meal for someone I meet for the first time in 2005.
10. SOBER: Have a (consecutive) seven day period with no alcohol.
11. MYSTERY: ???
12. MYSTERY: ???

Numbers 11 and 12 are currently mystery challenges!. They're a mystery because I don't know what they are yet. But one of you possibly does. I'm giving all of you the opportunity to set me a task, preferably one that I'll gain some benefit from, but I'm open to everything. Stick ideas in the comments and I'll choose the best and complete the list. (Also if you think any of the existing ones are rubbish, feel free to propose changes).

Clearly the tasks already there vary in difficulty and scope, but it's nice to have a variety I think. You might think, for example, that Challenge #1: LIGHT, looks quite easy. But it's been over eighteen months since I moved into the flat, and as yet I haven't even looked at shades. And for clarification, Challenge #8: PUB does not require all the pubs to be visited on the same day. And even though there is one challenge for each month of 2005, I don't expect to be tackling a new one each month.

Maybe in the New Year, we can have a competition as to how long it takes me to finish all twelve tasks.

4 comments:

Bertworld said...

Good blog. I may need to do the same. Have done in the past but not published it yet. I do have one resolution so far, but will think of more.

As for them, not too bad. I think that 8 will be the hardest but also the one you may be given most help with and motivation. But think should be alcoholic drink.

3 makes me wonder what sort of girls you've been going out with, have they turned out not to be girls later on ?? As for crimson moons comment I thought that was at least a 3rd date thing.

As for other challenges. I think something around the guitar such as to have a gig at fibbers (solo or in a band - special guest appearance??)

Agent 31 said...

I agree. 11 should be to play an open mic gig somewhere.

And 12 should be to get photographed pulling a funny face with a celebrity.

Lint said...

Strange thing: I was thinking this morning that being photographed with a celebrity could be a good challenge.

Open mic night: not gonna happen I'm afraid, but I did have an idea for a music related one. I had another couple of ideas too.

Live organ donation... again I have to say: No :-)

Anyone else?

Chip said...

I think your number 11 should be "GOTO 10".

I'll say No to organ donation too.