Thursday, December 23, 2004

Sleepy. Not the Dwarf.

I've got a theory:

Pubs put sleepy drugs into beer at lunchtime.

This is the only sensible reason I can think of why lunchtime drinking makes me so sleepy by mid-afternoon. The only way to avoid the sleepiness is to keep on drinking through the day and into the night - clearly because they start putting anti-sleep drugs in the beer from around three o'clock.

Shouldn't this be an illegal practice? I know that it's wrong for me to slip drugs into the drink of a pretty girl if she's sober and it's lunchtime - shouldn't the same rules apply to pub landlords? How dare they put stuff in my beer!

I would elaborate on this topic further, but I'm too tired.

1 comment:

Bertworld said...

wouldnt disagree about your theory, and those beer makers from Ireland are the worse. But the option of carrying on has a nasty side effect - one i'm feeling now. Darn having to get up after pubbing to midnight