Tuesday, October 12, 2004

May you live in interesting times...(update)

Well, that wasn't very exciting (for me at least). Looks like most of actuarial will keep their jobs, whilst most of the cuts come amongst the accountants/finance dept, as seems to always be the way. I'm now expecting to continue doing my current job for a while longer.

I wrote a little ditty about the situation:

If you are of a finance bent,
Then every few years you'll be sent,
A form for you to represent,
Your desire to be redun-dent.

But if you are an actuary,
You need not fear restructu-ary.
Your type of work will never vary,
And you'll not be off to the facto-ary.

-*ahem*-

4 comments:

asyl076 said...

Good news! Well, for you at least.... :)

Lint said...

Well, yeah, but that Poet Laureate job doesn't look to be coming my way anytime soon.

Chip said...

With good reason.

Bertworld said...

Good news. Must admit I'm not surprised. I always thought that the actuarial side could scale down by gettign rid of consultants and people on short term conracts and then some natural wastage. At the mo there's tonnes of work but may reduce in coming years. Also suspect that its harder to ship overseas, the best bet for that would have been to South Africa as thats the only place actuaries are cheaper. But thats a little drastic