Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Everybody else is doing it but I'm la-zee

Well, everyone(*) seems to playing the new game of "get people to list three things that they want me to take a photo of and then I post the photos on my blog" game. Sounds fun in principle, but I don't want to cause myself too much effort from having to photograph "a passing animal" or choose "the most unpleasant thing in my wardrobe" or risk personal danger by someone asking me to photograph something that's "on fire" (what kind of person would suggest that?).

So here's the deal. You all list in the comments three things that you'd like me to post photographs of and I'll draw the best/most popular/all of them instead, post the drawings up and we can all have a group delusion that they are really photos that I've taken with my camera.

Is that alright with you? Cool. I'll try and have them up by the end of the week. Unless nobody leaves any suggestions of course.

(* I use the word "everyone" in the very loose sense of meaning "a few people")

11 comments:

Heather said...

Hmm, that's hard to beat.
1. Your biggest neighbourhood celebrity.
2. Something you've picked up at a thrift store that is unique.
3. Your favourite kitchen utensil.

Good luck!

Lint said...

From Bert (originally posted on the message board)

1. Cat
2. Women's underwear
3. Yourself

Lint said...

Bert: btw, is "Cat" really the one of the three best things you could come up with? This is after all a "special camera" that I plan to use.

Agent 31 said...

1. The tallest man in the world.
2. A fish, spontaneously catching fire.
3. You, after 3 pitchers of beer

Lint said...

Heh heh. I wondered if anyone would think of no.1 there.

Update: I have taken two "special photographs" so far. I shan't say which ones though...

Chip said...

I had to think quite hard to work out what "errant pubs on the rim" meant.

Initially this conjured up an image of gypsies (that word looks wrong but my dictionary disagrees) travelling up and down Honshu Island selling beers from the back of their gypsy-carts.

I think I'd prefer you to draw that image to the one Amy actually meant!

Lint said...

That wasn't Amy!

asyl076 said...

I was about to raise an aghast protest, but seeing as how that point has already been clarified, my honor is in tact. Now back to deconstructing the universe...

Bertworld said...

ok I'll revise my three. Um.

1. a cartoon joke with George W Bush
2. your perfect woman - that has got to be worth a laugh
3. a famous tv/movie scene with you in one of the parts

Chip said...

Sorry. I should perhaps have slept for some time last night - might have been able to read in that case.

asyl076 said...

Bah - sleeping is overrated!