Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A review of a hotel what I stayed in last night

As I mentioned yesterday, I have just been to a sales conference in Birmingham - this involved me staying over in the hotel, since we had dinner and drinks afterwards. I was actually a good little boy and went to bed reasonably early (ie midnight-ish) rather than staying up late in the bar. The conference was at the Hilton Metropole which must rank as one of the ugliest hotels I've ever seen. There's definitely a good reason why they don't show a proper photo of the place on their website. It's hideous. And very brown. It is pretty decent inside though.

My room had a lovely view of some pipes:

Hotel Pipes

Other than that though, it was fine. Pretty standard hotel room except for the following things:

1. It had electric curtains. Well, one electric curtain. Its partner was manually operated.

2. It had two showers. In the same cubicle. One fixed one and one on a hose (but also fixed on the wall). And you could only use one of them at a time because there was a lever that diverted the water either to one or the other of them. I still haven't worked out what the point of this was.

3. Since it was a conference, my luggage was taken up to the room by servants during the day time. And they hung my coat in the wardrobe for me. I was slightly disappointed that they hadn't completely unpacked all my things and done some ironing whilst they were at it.

4. There were no biscuits. This was a shame.

I'd mark it out of ten, but I'm too lazy.

No comments: