Saturday, March 12, 2005

Mysterious Delivery

It's Saturday morning and fairly early - not yet nine am at the current time. If I'm honest, I'd rather be in bed. But I have had to get up to wait for a delivery. The unusual thing is that I have absolutely zip idea what it is that will be delivered.

Now in case you are thinking that I have just got up on the off-chance that a random delivery might arrive, that is not the case. I have not felt my spidey sense start tingling or anything like that. Last Friday I received a cardboard card telling me that a delivery had been attempted. I hadn't been expecting anything, so I arranged to have it redelivered today to avoid me having to take any time off work.

It was clearly not something I needed quickly or urgently, since I did not know what the item was. Waiting an extra week would cause no problems at all.

But I can only imagine that I'll be disappointed with the thing when it arrives. Unless it's a plasma screen TV that I've won in a competition. Or maybe a car. It's probably not a car. They could have just left that outside in my parking space (unless they couldn't because I need to sign for it...)

Oh, the suspense.

----------------- Update 12:56 --------------

Right I know what it was now, since the little man has just been! Idlewild tickets. Not sure why they didn't come via standard Royal Mail recorded delivery. But at least now I can go out and get some lunch.

1 comment:

asyl076 said...

And here I was voting for a girl in a box. Girl in a box!