Monday, March 14, 2005

Coach Trip (around Europe)

Last year I went on a coach tour of Western Europe with strangers. Beforehand I had been thinking that this would be somewhat like Big Brother, but on a coach. One obvious difference was that on the coach tour, there wouldn't be evictions. Everyone would be able to finish the journey regardless of how odd they were (Even CCJ - little in-joke there for anyone who was there).

I think it's true that everything you can think will probably happen at some point, somewhere.

I found a show on Channel 4 this morning called "Coach Trip". You'll see where the name comes from in a minute... In it, a selction of maybe 10 couples go on a coach trip around Europe. Then, each evening, the couples vote for which couple should leave the trip and go home. Losing couples go home and are replaced with a brand new couple. This may go on forever - it wasn't clear.

It's a bit like people are reaching into my head, pulling out my thoughts and televising them. I hope that they don't make a habit of this.

When I saw the show this morning, they were in Munich. They watched the Glockenspiel. Just like in real life, it was rubbish.

No comments: