Thursday, August 19, 2004

A review of a gig what I went to tonight (blah blah blah)

Studio Seven (owned by Shed Seven's drummer! (possibly)) charity CD launch night. Ha! 9 bands in a night? Like I can remember all of them: I don't think so! Maximum of 15 minutes per band, so quite short sets.

Here's the best I can do:

Skatesian: Pronounced like "Cartesian". but with an "s". Can't fault them on the ska thing, and they did a version of Sugababes' "Hole in my head".
Kiwis Ned: Billed as the "strangest band in York". Their singer was a bit strange in that he dressed odd and sang like a yapping dog. Other than that, not too strange,
Benson: Started with a couple of covers. Not sure what of, but the songs were familiar. The others were ok too.
Cardboard Radio: Sorry, I have no recollection of this lot at all.
Framed by fire: They weren't. But I think they did have a mooner.
Motu One: Words cannot describe the brilliance of this band. Not that I know the singer or anything. Lyrically, mainly concerned with rivers, roads, travelling, etc.
Juma: Were you the ones with the really short singer?
Trickledown: I liked this lot. Only three songs, but good.
Delta Volts: Average. But they won the "best song on the CD competition". I haven't had chance to listen to it yet so will reserve judgment.

After some consideration, tonight is far too confusing to add to the AR(SE) table so it won't be added. But if it had been added, it would have scored 2.0, due to the presence of 2 actuaries.

No comments: