Monday, August 30, 2004

Hang the DJ

I've been out into the Peak District today, for a little walk around Castleton. Normally we'd do walk then lunch, but due to running late to start with, and then getting caught in the traffic going to the Hope show (as in the town of Hope, not a show where people go to hope nice things will happen), we did lunch then walk. Lots of hill. And then a detour down a tourist cave, which I may or may not write about tomorrow.

As tends to be the way, I was on DJ duty in the car. Here, mainly for Chip's benefit to be honest, are the songs I stuck on (excluding the first two as I have forgotten what they were - the others were all saved in a playlist as I went along).

I realise that this is basically just a list of random songs, so feel free to skip to the end of the post if you want.

This is not an exit - Seafood
Live and let die - Paul McCartney and Wings
Hey ya - Outkast
Everyday is like Sunday - Morrissey
Girls on film - Melys
Still - Longview
I am a rock - Me first and the Gimmee Gimmees
My happy ending - Avril Lavigne (though I was made to take this off)
Alphabet soup - Bell X1
Eve, the apple of my eye - Bell X1
Marvin - Marvin the Paranoid Android
Wide open space - Mansun
Do no wrong - Thirteen senses
Just want to live - The Open
Megalomania - Pele
Til the day - Easyworld
2nd amendment - Easyworld
You'll never walk alone - Gene
Mad world - Gary Jules
After the watershed - Carter USM
Kim Wilde - Charlotte Hatherley
You were the last high - The Dandy Warhols
Leslie Anne Levine - The Decemberists
Hounds of Love - The Futureheads
First Day - The Futureheads
Fashion Crisis hits New York - The Frank and Walters
Mrs Back to Front and the Bull Ring Thing - Go Kart Mozart
No other life is attractive - Thirteen senses
Cirencester - Bull moose jackson jnr
Air Hostess - Busted
The Frog Princess - The Divine Comedy
Crazy in Love - Snow Patrol
Cut - Snowblind
Same picture - Goldrush
Hold on to our love - James Fox
Sing for the moment - Eminem
It was a very good year - Frank Sinatra
Freakin' out - Graham Coxon
Worry about the wind - Hal
Does your heart go boom? - Helen Love
Good fruit - Hefner
Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
Fit but you know it - The Streets
Against all odds - Phil Collins
Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
Sorted for E's & Whizz - Pulp
Can't stand me now - The Libertines
Live it up - Mental as anything
Together in electric dreams - Phil Oakey
Pain killer - Turin Brakes
A new England - Kirsty Macoll
All these things that I've done - The Killers
Slaves - Grand Transmitter
Golden age of radio - Josh Ritter
Missing for days - Kealer
Majesty - Madraguda
India - Puressence
Good souls - Starsailor
The Drowners - Suede
The Storm - Tanya Donneley
Don't let's start - They Might Be Giants
The light will stay on - The Walkabouts
Willow's song - Seafood
Penthouse in the woods - The Scud Mountain Boys
Laura - Scissor Sisters
Talk talk talk - The Ordinary Boys
Close my eyes - The Open
Live Forever - Oasis

I will make no apology for the somewhat random use of capital letters in that list.

What an incredible selection of songs! I am available for weddings, birthdays, bar mitzvahs and funerals (please provide your own sound system). If you don't need a DJ, then I'm happy to just come along as a guest.

4 comments:

Chip said...

Thank you!

iasonas said...

"My happy ending - Avril Lavigne (though I was made to take this off)"

What? If I'd been in the car, there'd have been a riot!

Lint said...

Lucky that you weren't there then! I was threatened with being removed from the car if I didn't put a different song on.

asyl076 said...

forgot you guys had bank holiday today, was trying to figure out how you could cram such a long playlist into one measly lunch break!