Saturday, August 14, 2004

A review of a gig what I went to last night (13)

I made it out last night and despite having a steaming headache and having had a pile of pills, I forced some beer down me. Still had a headache, but at least I slept well.

It was off first to: The Sausage Restaurant, then Fibbers to see Puressence. The support band, Omerta, sounded good, but due to slow sausages we only got the last couple of songs. They were nice sausages so I didn't mind too much.

Puressence themselves were excellent. At times they were reminding me of The Music, in a good way. I won't say too much more, as Chris has managed a much more descriptive review here.

Here's the AR(SE) table - we have a new leader!. Puressence score 4 x 1 actuary + 2 x 1 trainee actuary = 5 AR(SE) points. Sensational!

5.0: Puressence
3.5: Easyworld / Snow Patrol 1 / Graham Coxon / Keane
2.5: Four Day Hombre 1 / Snow Patrol 2
2.0: Delays / Athlete / Dawn of the Replicants
1.5: The Ordinary Boys
1.0: The Open / Jonathan Richman / Four Day Hombre 2 / Simon and Garfunkel

Next gig, the Studio Seven charity CD launch - featuring Motu One, next week.

3 comments:

Chip said...

I think you had a bit more than "some beer", or you'd remember me telling you *twice* that it's an AR(SE) of 5!

Lint said...

Ok, I might have had a glass of wine too. Consider it corrected!

Chip said...

Neil says "thank you."