Saturday, January 31, 2004

Extreme Staring

I went into town this afternoon to purchase a bottle of American wine (This did lead to me having a temporary mental block trying to remember whether Uruguay was in South America or not - I worked it out in the end). I bought some wine. And upgraded my phone.

On the way home, at the end of Lendel, there were two homeless guys sitting exactly opposite each other, on either side of the street. They appeared to be doing nothing apart from staring at each other. It was raining quite a lot. I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour for down and outs. I was half expecting an alarm to go off as I passed through the invisible beam linking their eyes. But an alarm did not go off.

It is possible that they were in fact performance artists and that I, for a brief period have participated in a piece of art today.

No comments: