Sunday, February 01, 2004

Snick Sliding Away

York is something of a strange little city. Its various streets are linked by little alleys, locally know as snickleways. Many of these are quite narrow and dark, especially at night. So. What is a really great way to spend a Sunday evening? I know: Let's go on a three and a half mile walk around York city centre, using as many snickleways as possible! Excellent idea. Some were shut due to flooding. River's up by the way.

All in all, there were supposed to be 50 snickleways. I think we did most of those. And a couple of inns. It was so dark that a certain person who will remain namless did a very comedic "walking into a bollard" thing. Ow! I think it's fair to say that I've now visited some parts of York that I a) never knew existed; b) never want to visit again.

Later, I won four pounds on a quiz machine.

No comments: