Thursday, January 08, 2004

Light bulb changing

I changed some more lightbulbs today. Well, not changed exactly, more removed. I need to get down to a hardware store and attempt to find some bulbs that match the ones I removed. In total I need three, all in the kitchen, two of one kind, the third is another. But that is probably enough on that subject for now at least. Even I can tell that it just ain't that interesting.

So instead, here is an excellent poem about lightbulbs that I just wrote:

I woke from sleep, like a lightbulb exploding;
My dreams shattered into forgetfulness
As a filament shatters into pieces:
Very small pieces,
Very small dream fragments.
If I could assemble the dream,
Would my light turn back on?

I really am a fabulous poet. But I shall write no more today, my muse has left me. And I'm due down the pub in quarter of an hour.

No comments: