Monday, January 26, 2004

A review of a gig what I went to tonight (3)

This evening - Weevil, Snow Patrol, Athlete. In that order.

Weevil: Really scary drummer: Bald head, big ginger beard, big headphones. Songs were a bit samey, but they sounded like they could be quite good on record. Two singers who may or may not have been brothers - they had different hair, but both wore glasses. Like The Proclaimers.

Snow Patrol - always fabulous. Would have been nice to have more than half an hour, and a few older songs, but one doesn't always get what one wants.

Athlete: Wasn't expecting much, as I haven't been a huge fan of the record. but I actually quite enjoyed them. Certainly I enjoyed them more than some of my friends who left halfway through.

Tonight in The Barbican, there were at least:
2 Actuaries;
3 Acturaial trainees

This means that the AR(SE) table is looking as follows:

3.5: Easyworld / Snow Patrol
2.0: Delays / Athlete

I've knocked marks off Athlete for 1 actuary and 1 trainee leaving. So it's tied at the top. And tied at the bottom. Next up, Four Day Hombre on Friday.

No comments: