Sunday, January 11, 2004

Better ways to self destruct

Tonight I'm off to see Easyworld at Fibbers. They are a great band, I think I last saw them 359 days ago or thereabouts. If I'm really lucky, some of me friends may turn up too! I'm a bit irritated though because I normally manage to get very low ticket numbers, often no. 1 or no. 2. Today however, I only have ticket 11. A shoddy purchasing performance on my part, it wouldn't be so bad except that I know who has tickets 9 and 10, and I don't much like one of them. And I'm fairly sure the person in question would prefer to stay in and watch "The Antiques Roadshow" and "The Midsommer Murders" *

Anyway, if you have the fat pipe installed, check out the Easyworld website, and you can watch the videos for all the singles.

Things I have failed to do today that I wanted to:

1. Buy some more razor blades.
This is not a huge problem, as my current one will last for a couple more shaves, and in any case, Sainsburys had sold out. I may have a rant about razor blades in the next few days, or I may not. Watch this space.

2. Stay asleep until at least 10 o'clock.
Woke up at around 8 o'clock. Way too early. Managed to doze a bit though and didn't actually get out of the bed properly until around 1 o'clock.

3. Look at Futons on the internet.
I need to buy a futon for the second bedroom, and had intended to do some net shopping this alvo. But forgot, mainly because I got into the fun exciting task of downloading more tunes into the iPod.

4. Look at computer workstations on the internet.
See 3. above.

I guess none of the above were particularly urgent (except 2.) so looking on the bright side, I have a few exciting tasks for the week ahead! And it's not like I've been bone idol** this afternoon - I have done useful things (which you'll be grateful to hear that I do not intend to list) and I also cooked myself another proper dinner! That's two proper dinners in one week. Truly I have turned the corner... I even invented my own recipe. Its' called "Prime Pork Steaks with Garlic, Black Pepper and Red Wine (Merlot)", or PPSGBPRW(M) for short. Please let me know if you'd like the recipe.

Ta ta for now, see you at Fibbers?

* This is actually just a wild guess on my part.

** Like Pop Idol but for skeletons?

No comments: