Saturday, January 03, 2004

January

It is now January 3rd. January. Arguably the most depressing month of the year. Potentially the one with most work to do too, which is never pleasant.

I have not made any New Year's resolutions. To the best of my memory, I have never made any New Year's resolutions. I have however not had any alcohol or caffeine so far this year. I've no intention of carrying that on though, it's more just that I haven't been out. Could have gone out last night but I had a cold (it's nearly better now, thanks for asking). I always think it is better to make retrospective resolutions anyway -something along the lines of "I will not drink alcohol until 8pm on January 5th". That way the resolution is both a Good Thing and will also have been kept. Down to the minute.

But I have not made any yet.

I could do with buying some calendars soon. I had two last year - one Buffy and one Angel which hung side by side upon my wall. As an intermediate measure I have turned each to my favourite month ie August and November respectively. I have a horrible feeling that I may have missed the boat on the calendar issue though. Last year Virgin had loads and loads left until well into January, and so they were all eventually reduced to one English Pound each. I had hoped a similar thing would happen this year too, but it seems either there has been a run on half price calendars at the end of December, or that the shop has bought less stock this year, as I can't find good new ones anywhere. Darn. I mean, who pays more than a pound for a calendar! Madmen.

A thought has just come to me though... I should try the pound shop.

Or else I could just either
a) accept I am too late and buy whatever is left (although I don't think I am sad and lonely enough yet to go for a "LoveKylie" calendar, nice as they are)
b) have no calendar and rely on techology and memory to know what date it is now and later.

It is truly a great dillemma. I think I know how Copernicus felt when he was deciding whether or not to publish his heresy.

No comments: