Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Should we talk about the weather?

York today looks fairly damp. I am admittedly basing this observation on my view of a very small patch of York, namely the bit outside my living room window, but it does look damp. And it's possibly raining too. At least I found my umbrella.

Incidentally, I'm not falling back on the old English thing where we talk about the weather because we have nothing else to talk about. Really. There are lots of things I could write about here. Here are the things I have chosen not to write about today:

1. Razor Blades
2. The current conversation between Standard Life and the FSA
3. The forthcoming televisation of The Alan Clarke Diaries (which I imagine to be quite similar to this blog)
4. My ongoing lack of a lovelife
5. The weather in places other than York, eg Leeds, Doncaster or Eastbourne
6. The wireless revolution
7. How I quite miss being able to watch RI:SE in the morning
8. My intended lunchtime sandwich
9. The way in which I have now fully resolved my kitchen lighting situation
10. Trumpton

But I have chosen of my own volition to not write about any of these things. I choose the weather of York on this damp, wet, fetid Tuesday morning. It's my choice. Until the next time, be seeing you.

No comments: