Thursday, September 30, 2004

I wanna be better than oxygen

There's a song that I've been hearing on the radio recently. "Oxygen" by Willy Mason. A young chap from the US of A. Other than his geographical location, I have no other knowlwdge of him.

After a brief but failed attempt to find the track to download, I've ordered the CD from some American website. I'm loving the strength of the pound at the moment. I hope it gets here quickly.

When I was down to see the nephew recently, I recorded a few pop videos with the Brother-in-Law. I haven't got round to editing them yet, but here is one of the highlights - a dialogue between me (R) and BiL (K) before we attempted to do "Laid" by James:

K: This here would be "Laid" by Jago if you're Cornish or James if you're English.
R: I'm not actually Cornish, I'm "Rich" or "Rago" which you might like to call me if you subscribe to my sister.
K: [with odd Cornish vibe] Rago.
R: [with failed Cornish vibe] Rago. Hello Rago, I'm Rago.
K: Rago!
R: Sh-shall we play some song?
K: You're not wrong.
R: Can I just grab some beer? Oh, that's the wrong can. [Unintelligible sentence]. Oop, I'm ready.
[R drinks beer. K drinks beer]
R: I've got a joke. I've got a joke. Eh, Why did the fly jump off the cliff?
K: Dunno - why did the fly jump off the cliff?
R: Because it could FLY.
K: What do you call a fly without wings?
R: [long pause] a Fly.
K: A walk.
R: Shall we play the song?
K: Yeah.
R: Ok.
K: "Laid" by Jago. If you're Cornish.
[This is followed by an utterly fantastic version of the song.]

In other music news - I did find "Vienna" by Ultravox. When examined, the file claimed that its genre was "Darkwave". I say... Eh?

3 comments:

Chip said...

I think that was perhaps not your first beer, was it?

Lint said...

Ah, who's counting?

All beers are one.

Agent 31 said...

That's why you must record everything. The best stuff is usually the garbage in between. Unless you're me because then all your recordings will sound like this:

"What was that? A 3?"
"Get it on again! Part 4! Go go go!"
"I think I *rmblsftfft* the 4."
"Is this 3 or 4?"

As little sense as that makes to you, this is the diatribe I have to try and decipher the next day.