Thursday, September 23, 2004

Have a break...

There was a time when you knew where you were with a Kit-Kat. Two varieties: Two-Finger and Four-Finger. Wrapped in shiny malleable foil, and finished with a loop of a red wrapper.

But over the last few years, this has all changed. There are Chunky ones, Chunky Max ones, minty ones, orange ones, small cubic ones and ones that are filled with dog-food (maybe). There are no doubt various other types that I have forgotten about. I think they still make standard ones too, though possibly now in a more modern but less exciting wrapper.

I find it really hard to get excited about Kit-Kats. As far as I'm concerned, the normal ones are pretty much the most boring chocolate bars money can buy. Their chocolate covered wafer style manages to taste less interesting than a chocolate bar that is just chocolate with no filling at all. That's an impressive trick. Even the different varieties manage to generally maintain the Kit-Kat dullness. I'm falling asleep here just thinking about them.

The new chapter in the Kit-Kat book appears to be Kit-Kat: Editions. Two flavours, Caramel (yuck) and Seville Orange. I tried the orange one - it's a kit kat with some marmalade in it. And quite sweet. Whether you like this or not will depend on what you like. I thought it was ok, but once was enough. I think I'd be quite happy if they just completely gave up on Kit-Kats, UK's number 1 chocolate bar or nay.

This was going to be more of a rant, but it's too hard to have proper opinions or even to get worked up about a dull dull dull piece of choc. Best just end it here and move on. Move on everybody, nothing to see here.

No comments: