Saturday, September 11, 2004

All these things that I've heard

Something I just heard:
On the radio, Nancy Sinatra covering Morrissey - "Let me kiss you" off the new album. I knew she liked him, but was surprised to hear she was doing cover versions of his work. It took me a few seconds to work out where the song was from as the juxtaposition was quite unexpected. I'd love to hear Frank doing a version of "I know it's over", but I guess that isn't going to happen.

Something I'm now hearing:
The new REM single. I downloaded it from iTunes a couple of days ago. One of those songs that starts a bit too slowly, but builds to a great final chorus. And some classic Stipe overdubs.

Something I'm looking forward to hearing soon:
I've ordered the remastered DVD 10 year anniversary edition of "Definitely Maybe". It's a fantastic album. And strangely, I don't think I've ever heard "Sad Song", which was originally only on the vinyl release. I wonder if it's any good?

No comments: