Monday, March 01, 2004

I am alumni, I am

My old college has decided to hold an annual alumni event in the north of England. Presumably because those of living up here are too lazy to take the 2 hour journey to the south. The first event, at the end of next month is here in York at "Historic" York Minster. ie about 15 minutes walk from my flat.

The exciting line up includes: Evensong, a guided private tour of the Minster, a drinks reception and a hot buffet dinner. Now, I'm not particularly attracted to Evensong, and I've been round the Minster before, but I'm tempted by the food and drink, especially as they are free. The main problem is that I don't expect there to be anyone there that I know, and the average age will probably be close to twice mine. Never mind, it is after all free food and drink and if there's one student habit I've never really grown out of, it's go for the freebies.

So I think I'll go along. It's not like I'll have anything better to do. And I may see some old friends. Especially if I get my finger out and actually email them to persuade them to come along. I may even offer them my floor for the night - Helluva offer. Final thought: Don't take my cheque book along - they're bound to try and get some kind of donation from me...

No comments: