Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Empty head, thoughts dissolved

I was sure that there was something I wanted to write about today, and then as soon as I sit down in front of the computer, blam, empty head, no thoughts. And that was a couple of hours ago, and it still hasn't come back to me. Very annoying. It's not like it was likely to be anything particularly exciting or interesting, but darn.

I have a friend who is getting married in a few weeks time. Just been to buy some stuff from the wedding list, and typically all the good stuff seems to have been bought already. Mainly just plates and glasses left. And how expensive is the stuff!!? Sixty quid for a pair of wine glasses? I'd want some bloody good wine in them as well for that price. And worse... a pair of small wine glasses - also sixty quid. Doesn't that break some basic law of economics, smaller things are cheaper? I suspect it's all my own fault (as normal) for leaving it quite late - if I'd got their earlier I could maybe have got something more interesting... But I'd be scared to drink out of glasses that expensive. Maybe they're actually cheap and I just have no idea what glasses cost.... Used to be a pound each when I was at university.

For the record, I have got them:
2 x Wedgwood Signet Gold Plate 27cm
1 x Pair of Signature Wine Waterford
1 x Le Creuset Rnd Pie Dish 26cm Blue
I don't know what any of the things look like, but I guess I can trust they only put stuff on the list that they like. Don't worry if you're worried that I'm giving away a surprise here - they receive regular updates on who has bought what. And they don't read this anyway.

It's quite nice to have a night in for a change. Seem to have been out every night for the past ages (unless I'm just forgetting some empty ones). Shouldn't complain, and it's not like I'm dragged out kicking and screaming - "drink this pint of beer or we step on the hamster" kind of thing, (and I don't even have a hamster so that would be something of an empty threat), but it does get tiring. I can have a nice sleep instead. Maybe even an early night if I get bored of doing nothing much useful. Note to self. Must take washing out of tumble drier. It's been in there since Sunday.

No comments: