Friday, March 26, 2004

Hello! I've gone away! Can you still hear me?

Well since I'm out in The Lake District, I'm unable to blog properly - not intending to pay the extortionate hotel phone costs. 25p a unit sounds expensive to me and I've no idea how long a "unit" is. So I'm writing this anyway and I'll post it (with backdated times if I can) once I get home. As if I'd never been away, except I'll be writing about things I wouldn't be writing about if I was at home.

The hotel seems pleasant enough. I've got two twin beds rather than a double which is a bit annoying. Even though I spent pretty much the whole of my first 21 years of life in single beds, now they just seem way too small. Like I'm going to fall out if I twitch the wrong way. My friend Jenny is in the room next door, currently I'm waiting for her to have a bath. I expect she'd thank me for letting the world know that. When she's done, I intend to head down to the bar and start getting drunk. Since it is a wedding tomorrow and all. Then head over to the other hotel (where the actual wedding is) after dinner to see the happy couple on the final day of singledom.

The train journey here went fairly well - had to stand for about 20 mins (between Manchester and Preston I think) even though I had a seat booked. I guess I could have booted the person out of my seat, but I'd have felt bad. So best to stand and sulk instead. And had to wait twenty minutes for a taxi at Windermere Station which was a pain. Stop complaining already! I'm here to have a good time, not spend the whole time moaning! Happy thoughts. And I have some happy thoughts I think.

The hangover from yesterday has pretty much gone now. I think I drank too much wine. And I think also that I mentioned that earlier. I appear to have banged my forehead somehow - it's a bit sore and there's a small red mark. No recollection of how I might have done that. Got a load of free drinks paid for by The Company, so I reckon a small bang on the head is a price worth paying. Hey - wouldn't it be great if you could always get free drinks just by hitting yourself a bit! Might be confusing cause and effect a bit there.

And now Jenny has turned up (all clean now) so I'll leave this here.

No comments: