Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Who knows what goes on in her pretty little head?

I've not felt this down since Christmas Eve. It's that moment when all the optimism is shattered and the future rearranges itself again into a new and less appealing shape. And the new shape has less room for more optimism. It may improve, no, it will improve, but without knowing where all the future good is going to come from, it's hard to blindly hope.

So instead, I just get slightly older, slightly lonelier and incrementally less likely to do all the things I want to do.

And I'm not sure why I tend to feel so lonely anyway. It's not like I don't have lots of good friends. Maybe it's that I don't have that certain someone - a centre, soulmate, whatever - and I think I need that. Just someone to hold on to.

Someone cheer me up...

No comments: