Sunday, May 09, 2004

A Shopping List

I went to Sainsbury's the supermarket this morning. There were several interesting things relating to my shopping. I shall relate them here in the obvious form - a shopping list:

1. Twinings Orange, Mango and Cinnamon teabags
I didn't actually need any of these, as the previous box is still full. However, the ones on sale at the moment come with a free gift - a plastic teabag holder. Designed so that you can carry up to five teabags around with you in relative safety, anywhere you go! I had to have one. They come in a range of lurid colours, and you don't find out until you open the box. As soon as I got home, I opened the box to find that mine matches this blog. Teabag-tastic!

2. Sainsbury's Meat Feast pizza.
See my post from April 04, 2004 for more details of this product. The pizza box now has a label on the front saying something like "Now with extra toppings". This is clearly a good thing, or at least it is until you realise: The damn supermarket has been ripping me off for the last month, holding toppings back from me! They should have had this much on to start with! I've a mind to write to them and demand they send me the extra toppings in the post immediately. I expect they've put them on a shelf in head office somewhere, labeled "the pizza toppings withheld from Lint". They've maybe got a shelf with your toppings on too. Why not write to them as well? Topping-tastic!

3. KP Hula Hoops 7 pack multibag.
Crisps are great. These should have contained: 3 packs of ready salted, 2 packs of barbecue beef and 2 packs of salt and vinegar. What it actually contained was: 3 packs of ready salted, 2 packs of barbecue beef and 4 packs of salt and vinegar!! Yes, you read correctly - the multibag contained two whole bonus packs of S&V for no reason whatsoever! I will not be writing to complain about that one! Crisp-tastic!

4. Powerade, "Citrus Charge" flavour, 500ml
Now this is just vaguely unpleasant.

I will add that I don't normally put this much detail on any shopping lists that I make. It would clearly take forever. Consider this to be a special one that I wrote just for you.*

*Not you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog's really gone downhill since youur comments board died.

What exciting things could you follow this one up with?

"A list of items in my desk drawer. No, not the top one, the second one down on the left."
"Things I have in that silly extra pocket on the front of my rucksack that I put stuff into then forget about."
"Things I've bought and still have th receipts in my wallet for some reason."

Chip

Lint said...

Excellent ideas! I'll bear them in mind.

Tagboard is now back up again.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. S & V.....

Amy