Saturday, May 29, 2004

Off on the holiday bus with Cliff

I wrote earlier in the month about how I was intending to take a holiday, but didn't know either where to go, or what form the holiday should take. I'd mentioned that, for example, I felt being stuck on a coach with a bunch of strangers would be like a "mobile version of Big Brother". Having now started to watch the new series of BB, and seen the total weirdos on there this year, I have come to the realisation that it couldn't actually be that bad. Might still have a miserable time, but as I was saying yesterday, if you can't have a miserable time on holiday, when can you have one?

So a coach holiday it is. Next question where to? This turned out to be quite easy. Since I have no huge preference for where to go, I'll go to Lots Of Places! So I've put in a booking on an 18-35 tour that will take me to Amsterdam, Munich, Venice, Rome, Florence, Switzerland and Paris, amongst others. None of which I've ever been to except for Paris. Clearly I won't be staying anywhere for too long, but I can always go back another time if I like somewhere. Best thing is, it starts and finishes in London, so it's dead easy to get to, in fact it'll be a lot easier to get to (and possibly quicker too) than any of the UK airports. Bonus!

So I'm actually finding myself quite looking forward to it at the moment. Meet new people, maybe meet some nice new people, see lots of new places, and sample some European night life. Haven't actually had confirmation of the booking yet, mind, so there's always the possibility that it could all still go belly up. Fingers crossed.

At the very least, I have managed to pull my finger out and attempt to do something - I was starting to doubt I'd ever get round to organising anything! I may come back suffering from cabin fever, I may never want to go on holday alone again, but I will have tried it. And maybe I'll have a good time.

2 comments:

Bertworld said...

Well congrats on that. Currently in Roma myself. Its been fantastic weather but just started pissing it down. It will definitely be a quick trip. Done Paris, Florence, Venice and now Rome. I guess it depends what you wnat to see. I only spent a day in Vencie and found it enough really.
Your biggest problem will be queues so hopefully as a guided tour they can bypass that. In Rome the queues can typically an hour and I know that in Florence the queue for the Uffizi can get upto 2 hrs.

But have fun. I can probably supply a few guide books if wanted.

Will have to update by blog soon, but currently cant be arsed.

Anonymous said...

Holidaying is a very important part normally which have a very decent outcome on something and at the same time fort lauderdale shuttle bus helps us with the basic growth.