Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I'm thinking... "Bonnie Langford"

A lot can happen in a week.

For example, I had not even considered last Tuesday that Billie Piper would be named as the new assistant to play opposite Christopher Ecclestone in the new series of Dr Who. It just doesn't sound right. Mind, I bet she's a good screamer. Here's how I imagine it might go:

The Dr: Billie, why do you play your music so loud?
Billie: Because I want to! Because I want to!
The Dr: Well can you turn it down a bit? It's really upsetting my concentration. If you want me to finish fixing your hair rollers, I suggest you quieten down somewhat. Now, have you seen my sonic screwdriver?
Billie: So shake it, move it, use it, groove it!
The Dr: I will, once you tell me where it is. Why can't you ever be helpful?
Billie: Don't criticize me 'cause I'm running the show!
The Dr: No, Billie, you're not. I've had enough. I'm going to drop you off at Earth next time we pass by.
Billie: I throw a party for the world and my friends?
The Dr: Well you can try, but I'm not sure they'll be glad to see you...Maybe I'll just take you to Skaro and leave you to the mercy of the Daleks instead.
Billie: We can do anything, Free to be who we want to be?
The Dr: No Billie. You'll be enslaved or killed. Or possibly both. Now where is that screwdriver...

No comments: