Saturday, May 29, 2004

New, improved.... Tunnel

I have mentioned in the past that there is a pedestrian tunnel on my way into town, which goes under the railways. The tunnel has been shut to pedestrians for a week or so. But now, it has reopened, new and improved. So much excitement in one week! A new bridge and a revamped tunnel. I am so lucky to live in this time of changes.

I did consider trying out the new bridge this morning. In the end I decided against it - figured I may get bored on Bank Holiday Monday and it would be a shame to have alredy used up my only entertainment.

But back to the tunnel. "What have they done to it?", I can almost hear you asking. Well, I will tell you. What they have done is: Install some really bright lights. It bizzarrely now feels like one of the tunnels in the London Underground. Just without the buskers. Or underground trains, ticket barriers, rats and escalators. Actually I'm not sure about the rats. I'm not quite sure why it's taken so long just to install some extra lighting, so I'm drawn to the conclusion that they must have done something else less obvious too. I'll keep my eyes open.

The tunnel does seem taller than before, but I think that must just be an illusion caused by the brighter lighting. I'm absolutely totally sure that they have not somehow raised the ceiling and/or lowered the floor.

So, I am once more safe from the evil pigeon threat.

No comments: