Friday, April 01, 2005

Pope Selection

It strikes me that should The Pope not make it through his current health problems (at the time of writing, he's had the last rites. Again. Which part of "last" don't they get?) then the whole process of choosing the next one will be watched much more closely than normal, since the process was novelised by Dan Brown. If they are not planning a book or TV show comparing the fact and the fiction of this process, then they're missing a lucrative opportunity.

I would put myself forward to be nominated to be the next Pope, but popery isn't really my thing. I'd also put volunteer to put together a large selection of dried flowers for the ceremonies, but pot-pourris isn't really my thing either. **ahem**

4 comments:

Chip said...

Now that's some creative comment spam!

I think another Dan, Mr Simmons, wrote about the election process in a much more interesting book than Mr Brown's.

Sarum said...

That's certainly new.. I usually just get email spam for this kinda thing. Spamming the comments section of blogs is new.

Lint said...

I don't even know what tramadol is. But I'll make sure that I'm careful when I buy it in future.

Lint said...

Sarum - comment spam not new! Big problem, but not generally on Blogger (I think). I think Maine's lot have had big problems with it in the past.

But I will reiterate: Be careful when buying Tramadol!

Incidentally, I will delete all future comment spam, unless it causes me amusement like this one did. I'm still not buying any tram though.