Sunday, April 17, 2005

Craft and Pizza

In the Museum Gardens today there was something described as a "Craft Fair of Quality". I assumed that this was to differentiate it from other, lesser craft fairs where the carpentry has bent nails and the homemade soap smells like socks. Or perhaps it was a craft fair where only Gentlemen of Quality would be admitted. Men in top hats and morning suits, sipping tea from china cups discussing the fortunes of the East India Company.

I didn't actually go inside the fair. Had I wanted to do so, it would have cost 75 English Pence which might sound bit on the steep side but since that included a free cup of tea, I think it's actually quite reasonable.

On a completely unrelated note, we went round to Bert's last night to say farewell to his old York house and drink up his beer. He very kindly cooked a pizza for us to eat. It looked so tasty that I took a photograph:

Pizza

The flavour of the pizza was I think "roast vegetable".

No comments: