Sunday, April 03, 2005

Posts I didn't write on Friday

Here is a short post that I thought about putting up on Friday, but didn't:

"I'm going to be going away today, to a better place. Or at least I hope it's going to be a better place. You can't always tell what it's going to be like until you get there. Anyway, I'll be leaving shortly. Maybe I'll see you around one day."

But that sounded like I was dying and about to be dead. So I then considered:

"I'm about to do something that one of my friends once tried to do, but failed. Unlike him, I have made proper preparations and am sure I have everything to need to succeed in my aim..." etc

But that sounded like I was about to commit suicide. So in the end, I didn't write anything. I suppose I could have gone with:

"Right, I'm off to Copenhagen for a few days."

But that would have been too obvious.

Whilst on the subject of suicide, which we almost were, is it any wonder that so many people throw themselves under moving trains when all the train stations have "Way Out" in large letters all over the place? To an impressionable mind...

No comments: