Sunday, January 16, 2005

I've only gone and bought a record label...

I think it might be time to make a confession. So far I've not mentioned this here, but everthing has now gone live and I think I can talk about things without causing a jinxy effect.

I've just helped found a record label.

Yes, an actual record label, to get music made and recorded and out there. It's a little mad. The venture has been initiated by Four Day Hombre, a rather fantastic Leeds based band, and we signed them to the label yesterday afternoon. Then we drank some champagne and went out and got a little sloshed. Which given that it's not everyday you either sign a band, or are in a band being signed, is pretty acceptable.

I was out drinking with an actual real signed band. Cool!

Today, they were playing an afternoon gig out in Harrogate, so I took the train over and turned up. Very small venue - the Blues Bar. But it was packed out and here's the proof:

Blues Bar - FDH

Afterwards, they let me pretend to be a roady and help them carry their stuff out to the van. It's incredible how much equipment they actually have... I have no idea what most of it does. I can recognise guitars and drums, but there's a lot of random boxed nonsensed that seems to be very important.

And finally, Simon Hombre let me have my photo taken with him, like a proper groupy:

DSC01309

I think you can see how happy he was to do this.

A special hello goes out to everyone I've met over the last couple of days. We are making a difference :-)

1 comment:

Lint said...

I'll be trying to sell them any way I can! Seriously though, they'll be available from the FDH website, and possibly also from places like iTunes. And maybe real shops too! And my friends could well be receiving copies as presents :-)