Monday, January 17, 2005

Hugh Grant and Les Dennis

This evening I've been out to York's Grand Opera House. But not for Opera! No! For Comedy. Punt & Dennis were doing some stand up (and some sit down). If you don't know them, they are on Radio 2 and Radio 4 quite a lot with various shows. If this doesn't help you, a colleague at work described them today as "The two guys that used to make Jaspar Carrot look funny", which I don't think was meant as a compliment. But they were entertaining enough. And Hugh Dennis may be the funniest comedian with the surname "Dennis" currently working in the UK, beating Les Dennis into the proverbial cocked hat.

It occured to me during the interval that I was in a bar. And that the bar was within the city walls and so should maybe count towards Challenge #8: PUB. But that way madness lies. I'd end up having to include every theatre, every hotel and every licensed public toilet in the city. Best keep things under control. I collected a photo anyway, just in case.

GrandOperaHouse

I've set up a collection of these pub photos on Flickr. You can even view them as a slide show. Imagine how exciting it will be when there are over seventy of them!

No comments: