Tuesday, January 25, 2005

1% Inspiration, 99% Rubbish

Since I'm currently labouring under a slight cold, I will stay well away from the screen whilst writing this lest you get my germs. If you were to get the germs, then all I can say is: "Ha! You've got the lurgy". It may not be sympathetic but it reflects a sad truth about modern life. What that truth is, I don't know. I think I may be rambling. That's what can happen when you start to write something and have absolutely no idea what you are writing about or why.

So yet another awards ceremony is looming upon us, and yet again I haven't been nominated for anything at all. Bloody Oscars. They are so obsessed with giving awards to people who've actually made films or starred in films or worked on films. They always forget the little people. I deserve an Oscar just as much as that Scorsese bloke. Really I do.

Incidentally, there is no link between the previous two paragraphs. Ah, sweet inspiration. Where did you go? Maybe I should have just drawn a graph of something.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Not to rub it in, but the oscars asked me to accept the lifetime achievement award this year. I refused.

Lint said...

Oh, you git. Would you like me to cut open my arm so that you can POUR SALT ON IT?

Martin said...

They asked me to host the damn thing, but I'll be buggered if I'm gonna stand there for 5 hours.

They even offered me Halle Berry, as a sort of sacrificial lamb, but I still declined.

I've had her already.

Cheers