Monday, April 26, 2004

A review of a gig what I went to last night (10)

So yesterday I went to see The Ordinary Boys at Fibbers. Managed to persuade Mr J to come along too, using the combination of "a few pints beforehand" and "nothing better to do". Support was from local band, Sixty6, contenders for this year's York battle of the bands. No idea how they are doing in it, I've not really been following. They sounded exactly like Feeder to me, which is not necc a bad thing I suppose.

The Boys themselves were sounding pretty good. Preston looks younger than I was expecting - that must just be me being stupid as I've seen him before. But for the second night in a row, it was really really hot. At least I'd dressed more appropriately, in just a t-shirt. And speaking of t-shirts, me and J now have matching Ordinary Boys t-shirts - different colours, but designs in the same vein. Also I got a free orange sticker.

At York Fibbers last night were at least: 1 Actuary and 1 Trainee. This gives an AR(SE) factor of 1.5. Not a great score, but not on the bottom. Here, for the last time for a while is the updated table:

3.5: Easyworld / Snow Patrol 1 / Graham Coxon / Keane
2.5: Four Day Hombre / Snow Patrol 2
2.0: Delays / Athlete
1.5: The Ordinary Boys
1.0: The Open / Jonathan Richman

More gigs later in the year, hopefully. Can anyone beat 3.5?

No comments: