Saturday, April 03, 2004

Exciting day? Not really

I've had the parents up to visit today. Dad has brought me a couple of bottles of his homebrew wine. Not sure what flavour - I think it involves blackberries. Had a real one of those "arse - I can't have this headache at this time" moments this morning when I woke up. I think that came from finishing off my bottle of gin with J last night. Managed to be up and out of bed by the time they got here.

My upstairs neighbours have moved out today I think, or at least have moved all their stuff. Never really liked them much as they used to park in my parking space and had stupid hair and gold hubcaps. And spoilers. But they were at least mostly quiet. I did hear whichever one of them was in the room above my bedroom doing boy/girl things a couple of times. He seems to like to have Classic FM on. This is maybe more detail then anyone needs. Anyway - Bye bye! Who will replace them.... no idea. Watch this space.

Respect must be given to the chef in the new Thai restaurant that has recently opened in the city centre. He must have a degree in Animal Sculpture (Vegetables). A large number of our meals came with various animals chiseled out of carrots, swede, pineapple and anything else to hand. Birds and fish were common. We also saw an ostrich. And he does turtles too apparently. It certainly made up for the inability of some of the staff to speak any English whatsoever (my Thai isn't so good these days).

I think I'm starting to fall.

No comments: