Sunday, April 04, 2004

Dull computer stuff.

This is potentially a rather dull and boring post. Please feel free to skip it. I might write something about pizzas later.

I am currently attempting to adapt my laptop so that I can connect wirelessly to the internet. The method I have chosen to do this is: Wait until small Airport Extreme card arrives in the post. Insert into Mac. Foolproof. What has arrived though is the wireless base-station. I got one that is also a combined ADSL modem and router. So I haven't actually done anything wirelessly yet. I have been able to put away my old ADSL USB modem, and I am currently attempting to see if I can network the Mac with the PC. Never had much luck at being able to do that in the past. Maybe I just won't bother - I rarely use the PC any more. Think I'll go and chill out and read a book instead.

I was quite impressed with Amazon getting the router to me so quickly. I only ordered it late on Thursday evening, and here it is now on a Sunday afternoon. I don't expect you'd be surprised to hear that it wasn't delivered by The Royal Mail.

Have also had my father on the phone. He's just bought a new printer, but is having trouble getting it to print anything (which is its main function). Don't think I was able to help much. Not easy to help over the phone. I did get him to check whether it was turned on and connected. And suggested he reboot. Not much use really.

The weather today is changeable.

No comments: