Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Even Jesus never went this long

It has now been 43 nights since I last had a coffee. No ill effects have been noticed, I don't seem to feel any more/less tired than before, I'm not sleeping any better/worse than before, but I am using far less teaspoons. I haven't particularly missed the brown stuff. I've replaced it with a mixture of fruit tea, peppermint tea, green tea and the odd normal tea. And (New Improved) Lift. Much more flavour variety. I still kinda object to paying 65p at work for a cup of mint tea (ie some hot water and a teabag), but then I could always get a free standard one from the machine.

I bring this coffee up for a reason though: Last night I had a dream. I and some other friends have been staying round at a friend's house on a Saturday night, and she offers us coffee. Being half-asleep at the time I say "yes", at which point I am given a coffee, and I drink it down in one! Nightmare! I realise straight away what'd I've done and experience the dream equivalent of mild disappointment and slight irritation. I'd claim that I woke up screaming but that would not, I say not, be true.

When will my coffee drought end? Will it be an intentional decision, perhaps in Starbucks? Will it be a momentary confused lapse as was foretold in the prophecy (my dream)? Or, like "The Mysterious Cities Of Gold", will it never end? (*)

* I know it did end eventually, but it felt like it was never going to. Everything ends. Apart from infinite things. And Neighbours.

No comments: