Saturday, February 28, 2004

I like sleep

Woke up with headache. Had a bowl of muesli, half a packet of chcolate chip cookies and a couple of alka-seltzer and went back to sleep.

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that I was not expecting much of the pubs on last night's pub crawl/treasure hunt/quiz. Expectations were fully met. There are good reasons why these places are quiet on a Friday night! Had a fun evening though - I got to write an essay with the title "Hansel and Gretel: Victims or Vandals?". That's probably the first time I have ever used the words "fun" and "essay" in the same sentence. I'd reprint it here, except that it was handwritten and I don't have it anymore.

For reference, here are the places we visited (or at least the ones I remember): The Corner Pin, The York Arm, The Hole in the Wall, The Cross Keys, The K Bar, Buzz, The Little John Inn, The Golden Fleece, The Northern Wall and The Three Tuns. Actually, they're not all bad. Just most of them.

What shall I do this evening... More beer! What a fine idea. It's a good job that I don't have anything important to do at weekends.

No comments: