Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Happy anniversary to me!

Fourth of February 2003 was not a particularly pleasant day last year. Today we reach a whole year on...

So where am I now? A year on. A year older. Slightly wiser. Not sure how I expected to feel today - it's kinda nice to have it here and find that it's just another day, pretty similar to yesterday, pretty similar to how I expect tomorrow to be. The past year has definitely had some good points, especially in the second half, but I still don't think I'm as happy in myself as I used to be. But I am optimistic about the future, sometimes probably too optimistic. Hope? Hope is good.

I won't claim I'm not (still) quite bitter about things, but there comes a point when you realise things you feel aren't just going to step-change disappear one day, however much you might want them to. Fading happens, but slowly. Some people however remain complete scum.

And to those many others of you for whom last year was a bad 'un, for whatever reason - stick with it. We'll be ok.

No comments: