Sunday, February 22, 2004

It's Sunday! Hello Sunday!

Last night I managed to advance one of my long term goals. Very slightly. I met a chap from York university, who is studying Physics and Astrophysics. He wants to join NASA. He may have been lying. I attempted to convince him of the need to take an actuary into space, on either the Moon or Mars missions. I am not sure that he was convinced, but the idea has now been planted. Mayhap he'll mention it to someone in the NASA administration, and remember that here in England is an actuary who is willing to go into space. The dream lives on...

Completely unrelatedly: It was interesting to see that 80s rock band, The Alarm, have managed to sneak their way back into the charts by releasing their new single under a pseudonym - The Poppyfields. They got an unkown young (Welsh?) band to mime on the video, and the song has had a load of airplay on the radio, airplay that one can only suspect would not have been given had the true artist been known. Don't think I've heard it myself. It does pose a worrying thought though. What if a lot of the great new bands around at the moment are actually 80s rockers in disguise? Could Keane really be Big Country? Are Franz Ferdinand actually The Police? Are Foreigner moonlighting in Stellastarr*? I think those three are safe as I've seen them live and didn't spot Sting anywhere (thank goodness), but we must all be alert!

No comments: