Saturday, February 28, 2004

Note to self: Get a life

I'm currently watching one of the most important programmes that will be shown on British TV this year. Not really. It's "Making Your Mind Up", where the UK's entry for this year's Eurovision song contest will be chosen. It's a bit rubbish, but compelling, just like the actual contest itself. There are six songs to choose from, and the hope is that the winner will be at least better than last year's entrants who managed to score zero points on the night. This is a feat only previously achieved by Norway.

Of the ones I've seen so far, Song 2 seems best. Because it had a guitar. It was sung by James Fox, a guy who failed to win Fame Academy last year. Is that the sound of the bottom of a barrel being scraped I can hear? Other entrants include Haifa (who failed to win Pop Idol a few years back), and a chap who used to be in a boyband, whose name I forget, but I think it may have had an "x" in it. And some other people too of equally "high" quality.

[it is now a few minutes later] I've seen all the songs now. I think I'll vote for Mr Fox (though I'm sure I'd be better off ignoring the whole thing and not getting involved). If you would also like to vote for Mr Fox, just dial 09011 988 002. And: boom - 10p gone for ever.

No comments: