Thursday, February 19, 2004

I've been away. But I came back.

I've just got back from a brief overnight visit to Norwich, where I was helping out with a graduate assessment centre. It's quite a long way from here... pretty much four hours each direction. Got to stay in a lovely hotel with free breakfast, lunch and dinner though, so can't complain too much.

I think it was the first time I had been back to East Anglia for probably around a year and a half. Didn't really get to see much though as the hotel was a few miles out of the town centre. From what I could tell though, it hadn't changed too much and it was still raining. Really hard. Hotel bar was good last night. As often seems to be the way, me and me homeboys were the last ones in it. Probably should have been in bed really given that I had to be all professional today. Luckily I shomehow managed to avoid a hangover.

Thinking about it slightly more, one thing had changed. There is now a flyover crossing the evil roundabout in Kings Lynn - it avoids the whole stinky thing. Shame they can't put one over Lincolnshire too.

No comments: