Saturday, February 07, 2004

The joy of nets

I've spent several long frustrating hours this afternoon attempting to network two computers together. With no success - neither one will recognise the other one. I think I have now worked out what the problem is - wrong kind of cable. Apparently there is a special "crossover cable" that is needed if you are linking two computer's directly together without a hub. They should teach this sort of thing in computer classes at school.

Slightly more excitingly, I have now borrowed an electric guitar. This came with a cable I can actually use. I haven't had a chance to have a proper play yet (as I've been pissing around with networks), but I suspect moving from acoustic to electric is unlikely to turn me into a guitar god (Zeus Springsteen?). Shame.

No comments: