Sunday, February 27, 2005

There's Something About London

There's definitely something about London that makes me more impatient than normal. Generally I tend to not bother checking train times before turning up to a train station - in general I can be happy that I won't have to wait more than half an hour to go to most of the places I regularly go to. And a half hour wait isn't too bad, especially if I have some tunes to listen to.

But when I turn up to a tube station, I get frustrated if I have to wait for even a small amount of time. If the electronic sign tells me that the next train is only three minutes away (eg Whitechapel: 3 mins) then I get really annoyed. It should be here now! I shouldn't have to wait. I know that three minutes isn't a long time. There are a lot of things that you can't do in three minutes (Hmmm that sounds like an idea for another post...) because it isn't long enough. But I don't want to have to wait for a stupid tube train!

Maybe it's just because of the extra level of crowding that you get on the underground. Perhaps a mild claustrophobia that means I want to spend as little time underground as possible. Or maybe I'm just impatient. Oh well, at least I don't have to live there.

No comments: