Saturday, February 05, 2005

I've chaired up now

I'm sure that you will all be as happy as I am when you hear that I now have dining chairs. Four of them. John Lewis managed to find a van that was less high than a Redwood and hence were able to bring all the chairs to my door by half past nine this morning. Rather nicely, they even match my table - something it was hard to be sure of until I saw them.

For the novelty, I sat on one of them for a bit, but it was a bit cold from having been in warehouses and vans and whatnot. I'll maybe sit on it again later when it's had a chance to warm up a little.

Since the chairs do not have arms, it also means that I finally have something reasonably decent to sit and play the guitar on in a comfortable position. This can only be a source of inspiration. After all, weren't John Lennon's best songs written whilst sat on a new chair? Weren't they? Course they were.

No comments: