Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Shopping that rhymes

At lunchtime today I bought

- a half-price pair of gloves
- and the new album by Doves.

I then decided that I'd only buy things that rhymed with gloves, but unfortunately the only other thing I wanted was a sandwich and I couldn't think of an appropriate filling. The best I could do was "Can I have a cajun chicken baguette, love" because that's how we talk here in Yorkshire. Except I didn't say the "love" part because it would have felt silly.

I thought it in my head though.

7 comments:

Agent 31 said...

You're easily one of the world's five funniest men. I'll testify to that in court.

Chip said...

Dateline 23rd February - "Maine Fined For Perjury"

I didn't know Doves had a new album out - should probably have been obvious since they're on tour!

What you could have done is asked for your sandwich, then given her a shove.

Jaq said...

Hey, is it possible that Lint is in fact Maine, signed in as a different user???

Lint said...

I think I'm just me. Can't speak for Maine, but I think he's just him too. And not me. And me not him. etc.

Chip said...

Ah, but that's just what you would say if you were Maine, isn't it?

Agent 31 said...

But, if I were Lint, I woun't be wearing this funky hat, would I? He's not quite the funky hat type...

Chip said...

You could be Lint trying to fool us with a clever disguise.

I think the acid test of the matter will be your answer to the question : "Large glass of wine?"